Tuesday, November 11, 2014

motherhood.

i've recently started reading "don't make me count to three" by ginger hubbard.
(a recommendation from a sweet friend of mine)
it is a mother's look at heart-oriented discipline and so far i am loving it.
nash has started to have much more of an opinion lately and the real discipline has officially started in our household.  discipline is certainly not for the faint of heart and i want to make sure i try my best to get it right or at least educate myself so i have some additional knowledge to stand on.

because as parents, let's be honest, we need all the help we can get.
for real.

God has given me the responsibility to raise Nash and that is not a job to take lightly.
He has entrusted Nash to us and as parents we need to guide, encourage, mold his character, nurture, love, and build his confidence.

in the book, the author, pointed out some quotes that some influential people said about their mothers.
  it hit home and reminded me what a big role we have in the lives of our children.
  being a mother, is one of the most important things i will do in my lifetime.

"My mother was the making of me.  She was so true, so sure of me; and I felt that I had someone to live for, someone I must not disappoint."
  -- Thomas Edison

Abe Lincoln described his mother as the person chiefly responsible for all he was or ever hoped to become.

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw.  All that I am I owe to my mother.  I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual, and physical education I received from her."
 -- George Washington



No comments:

Post a Comment