Friday, August 3, 2012

my best friend is getting married...and I am 1,256 miles away.


Tomorrow one of my very best friends is getting married. 
I am so excited for her and she is literally going 
to be one of the prettiest brides anyone has ever seen. 

I however - being a few days shy of having a 38 week belly - 
am not allowed to go. 
Sad day!!

My doctor put the message out that he would not be ok with me 
being that far away so close to my due date.  
For some reason he is not a fan of the possibility of me delivery 
this baby on an airplane. (I think I may have to agree.)    
Even though I am supposed to be standing up there 
with my best friend while she is getting married he wasn't having it.  
It is what it is.  Or so I keep telling myself. 

On a more happy note I am thrilled for Brittanie and this new stage in her life. :)
Brittanie is so fun loving and seriously one of my favorite people ever.
We got to know each other 10 years ago and she 
quickly became one of my best friends.  
She deserves so much and it is amazing to simply be 
apart of her life at such an exciting time.

 A few months ago we had a wedding weekend for Britt where we 
had a bridal shower and bachelorette party.  It was a blast!  
We spent our time chatting and just really celebrating Brittanie.  
Anytime our group of girls from college are together it is a very rare treat.  
We all look forward to these times and savor every second of it.  

Britt - here are a few words of advice for you on your wedding day:

1. Throughout the day just stop and look around.  Soak in everything you see.  
It will be over before you know it and you will appreciate 
those moments you stopped and took it all in.  

2.  Do not be scared to delegate.  Delegate!! Delegate!!

3.  Make sure to actually sit down and eat.  
Don't be scared to tell someone you will come chat with them after you are done eating.

4.  Bask in all the attention.  Everyone is there for you.   
(I don't seem to think you will have a problem with this one)    ;)

5.  Don't let the nerves get to you.  
If you start to get frazzled just take a deep breath and take a second 
to yourself or with a few close people you love.  

6.  This time is all about you and Matthew.  
Go all out in the PDA department. ;) 

I wish more than anything I could be there to celebrate with you.  

xoxo











No comments:

Post a Comment